Suggest topic areas for NSDL Brown Bag webinars

NSDL Brown Bags are monthly online webinars using the ReadyTalk web conferencing platform, featuring resources, collections, portals or services from among the NSDL portfolio of projects. They may feature opportunities for collaborative outreach with other NSF-funded programs, or may feature and discuss trends and issues in STEM education. They may be directed to the community of NSDL PIs and partners, or to STEM teachers and faculty (practitioner communities).  

The NSDL RC seeks your suggestions and input for topics or featured services that you would like to offer, or see offered.  RC staff work with presenters to coordinate and present Brown Bags using the  ReadyTalk conferencing platform, and services.  Please add your suggestions here! 

eileen
eileen's picture
Panel of presenters for Brown Bags....

Thanks much, Bruce, for the great suggestions!  I have had a few conversations with others that echo this notion of coordinated group effort on a topic.  A couple of other things that have come up include:

1) social networking practices and implementations (everyone seems to have some element of this in their workplans)

2) print-on-demand options (MSP2 has been experimenting with various strategies here)

Eileen

Eileen McIlvain Communications Manager Projects Liaison Site editor: nsdl.org; nsdlnetwork.org NSDL Resource Center 303-497-8354 eileen@ucar.edu
bmason
bmason's picture
Brown bag Panels

I would suggest that some of the brown bags be "panels" of people with similar interests and efforts. For example, several people today talked about "personal collection" tools on their pathways. Instead of having a couple of sessions on the topic lead by different groups, it would seem to be better and more efficient to get groups together to plan a presentation that highlights briefly the different efforts, put together a discussion of similarities, differences, points of possible collaboration, and barriers to collaboration.

For example, I would be interested in working on the topics of:

Personalization, personal collections, and sharing

NSDL as a service organization

and might join in on, but would probably be a better audience member, about:

Educational standards

Web metrics

Bruce